The AI Reading List: Top 5 Books That Will Revolutionize Your Business Strategy.
In the current AI boom, it can be overwhelming to keep up with the constant flow of information. It feels like a necessity to stay on top of the product direction of major AI companies, as well as monitor each product iteration release and keep up with the actions of investors and entrepreneurs. It’s dizzying! However, I anticipate that by this time next year, some bubbles will burst, some will consolidate, and some will accumulate.
There seem to be two distinct groups of thinking directions emerging – one group is focused on accelerating iterative machine learning capabilities with a new version set to be released at the end of the year, while the other group is dedicated to exploring various possibilities in the application field.
Amidst all the excitement, some individuals are taking a step back to think more fundamentally and explore ways to enter the AI field. If you’re one of those individuals, I recommend starting with a few books that can help calm the feverish mind.
Top 5 recommend book about AI
- Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies (Star 4.3)
- Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series) (Star 4.3)
- The ChatGPT Millionaire: Making Money Online has never been this EASY (Star 4.4)
- The Business Case for AI: A Leader’s Guide to AI Strategies, Best Practices & Real-World Applications (Star 4.4)
- A Thousand Brains: A New Theory of Intelligence (Star🌟4.5)
Book 1: Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies
Superintelligence asks the questions: What happens when machines surpass humans in general intelligence? Will artificial agents save or destroy us? Nick Bostrom lays the foundation for understanding the future of humanity and intelligent life.
The human brain has some capabilities that the brains of other animals lack. It is to these distinctive capabilities that our species owes its dominant position. If machine brains surpassed human brains in general intelligence, then this new superintelligence could become extremely powerful – possibly beyond our control. As the fate of the gorillas now depends more on humans than on the species itself, so would the fate of humankind depend on the actions of the machine superintelligence.
But we have one advantage: we get to make the first move. Will it be possible to construct a seed Artificial Intelligence, to engineer initial conditions so as to make an intelligence explosion survivable? How could one achieve a controlled detonation?
This profoundly ambitious and original book breaks down a vast track of difficult intellectual terrain. After an utterly engrossing journey that takes us to the frontiers of thinking about the human condition and the future of intelligent life, we find in Nick Bostrom’s work nothing less than a reconceptualization of the essential task of our time.
Book 2: Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
“Written by three experts in the field, Deep Learning is the only comprehensive book on the subject.”
Also a must read book, recommend by Elon Musk, the cofounder and CEO of Tesla and SpaceX.
This book introduction to a broad range of topics in deep learning, covering mathematical and conceptual background, deep learning techniques used in industry, and research perspectives.
Deep learning is a form of machine learning that enables computers to learn from experience and understand the world in terms of a hierarchy of concepts. Because the computer gathers knowledge from experience, there is no need for a human computer operator to formally specify all the knowledge that the computer needs. The hierarchy of concepts allows the computer to learn complicated concepts by building them out of simpler ones; a graph of these hierarchies would be many layers deep. This book introduces a broad range of topics in deep learning.
The text offers mathematical and conceptual background, covering relevant concepts in linear algebra, probability theory and information theory, numerical computation, and machine learning. It describes deep learning techniques used by practitioners in industry, including deep feedforward networks, regularization, optimization algorithms, convolutional networks, sequence modeling, and practical methodology; and it surveys such applications as natural language processing, speech recognition, computer vision, online recommendation systems, bioinformatics, and videogames. Finally, the book offers research perspectives, covering such theoretical topics as linear factor models, autoencoders, representation learning, structured probabilistic models, Monte Carlo methods, the partition function, approximate inference, and deep generative models.
Book 3: The ChatGPT Millionaire: Making Money Online has never been this EASY
This is the simplest guide on how to make money quickly and easily with ChatGPT (Updated for GPT-4), and step-by-step guide I will share the secrets of how to:
- ✔ Create passive income sources that keep on giving – in minutes.
- ✔ Research, create and promote engaging content in seconds. (Seriously)
- ✔ Impress your customers by getting their projects finished extremely fast with high quality (with zero effort!)
- ✔ Get time back to focus on what really matters.
We currently live in a world where businesses are paying hundreds of dollars to people for writing engaging articles and blogs, and thousands of dollars per month for social media marketing and SEO. Now using ChatGPT, anyone including you can do this really well – even if you have no experience in this! Most businesses are not aware of or are not using this right now – which is where you can come in and undercut existing providers while doing almost zero work – and I will show you how step-by-step – with instructions you can copy and paste. This market may become saturated a year from now – but this is the right time to start!
FREE BONUS – Access to 150+ powerful “Act as” prompts and every example from this book in a prompt swipe file
Here’s what’s included in the book:
- Learn ChatGPT tips and tricks that’ll allow you to create great content in seconds.
- Find out how to make money easily using ChatGPT.
- Create passive income sources that keep making money for you long after you create them.
- Become a superhuman freelancer with ChatGPT – finish your client’s project in minutes instead of days.
- Create and re-purpose social media content for various platforms in seconds.
- Effortlessly research and write blog posts, video scripts, software applications, online courses and more.
- 150+ “Act as” prompts that’ll ensure you can use ChatGPT quickly and easily for whatever you need.
This book has specific examples of ChatGPT prompts and responses that will help you understand practical usage and give you templates you can start using immediately.
Book 4: The Business Case for AI: A Leader’s Guide to AI Strategies, Best Practices & Real-World Applications
AI is much more than a sexy marketing gimmick. At its core, it’s a powerful business tool that can make operations and decision-making more efficient, employees more productive, and customers delighted.
Unfortunately, leaders who want to take advantage of artificial intelligence often don’t know where to start. The process can feel overwhelming—from analyzing existing processes and software systems and choosing where to apply AI automation, to preparing every tier of the organization for the transition.
In this practical guide for business leaders, Kavita Ganesan takes the mystery out of implementing AI, showing you how to launch AI initiatives that get results. With real-world AI examples to spark your own ideas, you’ll learn how to identify high-impact AI opportunities, prepare for AI transitions, and measure your AI performance.
Get ready to discover:
- What’s true, what’s hype, and what’s realistic to expect from AI and machine learning systems.
- Ideas for applying AI in your business to increase revenues, optimize decision-making, and eliminate business process inefficiencies.
- How to spot lucrative AI opportunities in your organization and capitalize on them in creative ways.
- Three Pillars of AI success, a systematic framework for testing and evaluating the value of AI initiatives.
Simple and compelling, The Business Case for AI gives leaders the information and resources they need without statistics, data science, or technical jargon. Whether you want to jumpstart your AI strategy, manage your AI initiatives for better outcomes, or simply find inspiration for your own AI and machine learning applications, The Business Case for AI is your blueprint for AI success.
Book 5: The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World
Recommended by Bill Gates !
The Master Algorithm is written to be accessible by a general audience and provides a survey of the Machine Learning field starting from its past and working into modern and yet-to-be-realized implementations. The author progresses through many common algorithms, detailing their role in solving complex problems.
The author presents the concept of a “master algorithm” that could solve any problem with enough data. Through the book, the esoteric concept of this idea becomes more feasible as the author weaves their way through technically fluent discussions of the ML field, its future, and current applications. Advocates praise the comprehensive-yet-accessible format while critics note some of the praise for the book’s accessibility may be a bit overzealous as some parts require deeper technical knowledge to grasp.
AI book trends in 2023
Regarding the AI books in 2023, here are some trends you should keep mind:
- Continued focus on practical applications: While there will still be plenty of theoretical and technical AI books, we will see an increasing number of books focused on practical applications of AI in business and everyday life. As the technology becomes more mainstream, there will be greater demand for books that help readers understand how to leverage AI in real-world contexts.
- More specialized and niche topics: As the field of AI matures, we will likely see a proliferation of books that focus on specific industries, applications, or technologies. This will allow authors to dive deeper into specific topics and provide more specialized insights and guidance.
- Ethics and social impact: As AI becomes more ubiquitous and influential, there will be greater attention paid to the ethical and social implications of the technology. We can expect to see more books that explore these issues and offer guidance on how to develop and deploy AI in a responsible and equitable way.
- Integration with other technologies: AI is increasingly being integrated with other emerging technologies, such as blockchain, IoT, and edge computing. We can expect to see more books that explore these integrations and offer insights on how to leverage the combined power of these technologies.
Overall, I expect that the trend in AI books in 2023 will continue to reflect the evolution and growing impact of the technology, with a focus on practical applications, specialized topics, ethics and social impact, and integration with other technologies.